The CREXDATA project, a pioneering initiative under the Horizon Europe programme, successfully conducted its fourth meeting on January 22 and 24, 2024, in a virtual format. This meeting signified a crucial juncture in the project’s progression, gathering esteemed experts and consortium partners to advance collective goals in data analysis, artificial intelligence, and crisis response.
Key Highlights from the Meeting:
- Project Status Overview: The meeting commenced with an insightful status update by A. Deligiannakis from the Technical University of Crete (TUC), setting the stage for the discussions that followed.
- Advancements in System Architecture: RapidMiner GMBH (RM) led an extensive session on System Architecture, Graphical Workflows, Data Fusion, and Integration. This session highlighted the progress in satisfying the requirements of the three core use cases and the integration of the Simulator HyperSuite.
- Focus on Learning, Forecasting, and Analytics: The National Center for Scientific Research ‘DEMOKRITOS’ (NCSR), TUC, and Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC) delved into the intricacies of Learning, Forecasting, and Analytics, showcasing the advancements in these pivotal areas.
- In-Depth Use Case Discussions: The Weather Emergencies Use Case presented by Universitaet Paderborn (UPB) and others, the Health Crisis Use Case by BSC and Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV), and the Maritime Use Case by MarineTraffic Operations SA (MT) and University of Athens (UoA) were some of the highlights. These discussions underscored the project’s diverse applications.
- Exploration of Transparent AI and Visual Analytics: The Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR) and Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (FR) led a comprehensive exploration into Transparent AI, Augmented Reality, and Visual Analytics, offering glimpses into future technological breakthroughs.
- Workshop on Maritime Use Case: A focused workshop on the Maritime Use Case facilitated by UoA and MT concluded the meeting, providing in-depth analysis and collaborative discussions on this critical area.
The CREXDATA project continues to set benchmarks in utilizing cutting-edge technology to address pressing global challenges. The outcomes of this meeting are expected to further steer the project towards impactful results and innovations.
The project, funded by the European Union’s Horizon Europe programme, exemplifies the power of collaborative European research and the shared commitment to advancing knowledge and technology for societal benefit.
Check the recordings of the meetings here.